Hope for Simplifying Image-Editing Workflow

 I'm an amateur photographer who likes to tinker with my raw images. The process involves many different Photoshop plugins, but I don't use Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Lightroom.

My two raw converters, DxO PhotoLab and ON1 Photo RAW, don't run external plugins. That means using one of two third-party photo editors, Affinity Photo or PhotoLine, to apply one or more plugins after first processing the raw files or creating a TIF file in Photo RAW to run a plugin standalone. The result can be a very convoluted workflow.

A solution may be coming soon.



ON1 will release ON1 Photo RAW 2022 late this month, and the company has announced the app will run Photoshop plugs as a layer filter, making the plugins part of a non-destructive workflow. If all of the plugins I use are compatible, it will be a real time-saver. We'll soon know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Early Access Version

Final Corner for My Holy Trinity